Reporting to the Works Manager, WBT is seeking to employ an experienced Environmental Consultant at their manufacturing facility in Maidstone, Victoria.
The Environmental consultant will provide expert assessment and advisory services on matters pertaining to the management of environmental issues. In doing so, the consultant will play an integral role in reducing the detrimental impact of industrial activities on the environment.
The successful candidate will evaluate current environmental policy, management systems and processes through comprehensive audits, and measuring environmental contamination inside and outside the organisation’s premises.
Following this assessment process, the consultant help to design and implement efficient systems and processes to mitigate current and future environmental issues. Furthermore, the consultant will be responsible for making sure that revised environmental policies and procedures comply with environmental laws and regulations.
The consultant may also be responsible for raising organisational awareness on the importance of conservation, sustainability and other environment-related matters.
- Carry out environmental impact assessments for a wide range of development operations.
- Propose solutions to address negative environmental impact through pollution control.
- Determine the root cause of environment issues and plan for appropriate actions to overcome them.
- Assess potential environmental risks and design for mitigation.
- Maintain clear and complete documentation for reference purpose.
- Inspect the site for environmental compliances.
- Provide training and assistance to the team members about environmental policies.
- Participating in management planning by providing environmental information and implementing policies within the organisation
- Keep updated documents which enclose regulations and environmental policies.
- Work with cross-functional groups to maintain monitoring programs and environmental management.
- Determine areas of improvement to lessen environmental wastes and damages.
- Develop contamination control programs to reduce hazards and accidents.
- Administrative duties as required including but not limited to writing policies and reports.
- Other duties are performed under the guidance and direction of the Works Manager.
- Maintain and update any required environmental registries.
- an interest in the environment and strong ethical viewpoint
- good problem-solving skills
- to be logical, and have good analytical and research skills
- practical skills for field work and operating scientific equipment
- excellent communication skills
- the ability to undertake accurate and detailed work.
- Bachelor degree in the relevant field
- Minimum 2 years experience
Applications in writing to: Djones@WBT.com.au or through the website
Applications are only open to permanent residents and those who have working rights to work in Australia.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE 28 FEBRUARY 2019